Adele is an English singer and songwriter known for her sultry tones. Her throwback, soulful sound has made her an international success with hits like “Rolling in the Deep,” “Someone Like You” and “Hello.”
Stargist.com presents you with 10 interesting facts about Adele.
1. Her full name is Adele Laurie Blue Adkins and she was born 5th May 1988.
2. She was born in North London, England to Penny Adkins and Marks Evans, although she was raised solely by her mother from the age of two.
3.Adele graduated from the BRIT School for Performing Arts & Technology in Croydon in May 2006.
4. In 2011, Adele underwent throat surgery which her doctor blamed on her smoking habit. In 2015, she quit smoking and admitted that she believed it would have killed her eventually.
5. In 2011, she began dating Simon Konecki, and in October 2012, Adele gave birth to their son, Angelo. She confirmed she was secretly married to Simon at last night’s awards.
6. 19 is the debut studio album by British singer Adele. It was first released on 28 January 2008 following her graduation from Brit School for Performing Arts & Technology.
7. Adele came in sixth on Forbes’ list of highest paid celebrities under the age of 30 in 2012.
8. As of 2016, Adele held a total of 10 Grammy Awards and 3 Guinness World Records.
9. Adele scooped up five Grammy Awards at the just concluded 59th Grammy Awards.
10. In case you’ve ever wondered why her album names are mostly just numbers, they represent her age when the albums were made.